The Conti-Control® software is a computer management system developed especially for continuous and semi-continuous furnace systems. This software provides flexible process control, load size optimization and chart-based protocols. It also optimizes production objectives such as cost control, repeatability, product quality,consistency and operational safety.
The system provides a graphical display interface showing the complete configuration of the furnace installation, including tracking of tray movements throughout the furnace and individual tray positions with itemized parts information. The set points and process values of each controlled carbon and temperature zone are also shown.
The Windows-based Conti-Control system records the specific load parameters and accurately controls the critical load process parameters as the parts travel through the heating and cooling zones. At the end of the heat treatment process, all recorded parameters and metallurgical information are documented in a recipe, which makes them available for repeatable heat treatment cycles. Any necessary changes to the process parameters are automatically made by the computer, which also calculates the number of empty loads or idle times.
This software gives the furnace operator complete control of the furnace, rather than just loading and unloading the furnace and/or taking instructions from a supervisor.
The system also provides an overview of:
- Installation status
- Process status and parameter history
- Fault logging and documentation
- Malfunction locator to identify grids affected by alarm conditions
- Load-specific documentation
Operator functions include:
- Keeping the job order production log
- Processing a job using either rows of the Pusher furnace
- Verifying the proper heat-treat process
- Correcting part identification, quality certification and specific documentation
- Documenting and saving process parameters
Contact EngineeredComponents@IpsenUSA.com for more information.