As a growing organization and leading manufacturer of atmosphere and vacuum heat-treating systems, Ipsen is continually hiring talented, motivated individuals to join our team across the US.
Ipsen is always looking for qualified candidates with an atmosphere or vacuum furnace background and/or skillset, or broad experience in other relevant areas. If you share our dedication to quality products and a positive customer experience, check below to see which positions are currently available.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and able to pass a company-paid background check and drug screening. Ipsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
984 Ipsen Road
Cherry Valley, IL 61016
Phone: +1 815-332-4941
- Field Service Engineer
- Sheet Metal Workers – Souderton, PA
- Mechanical Assemblers – Souderton, PA
- Manual/CNC Machinist – Souderton, PA
We are looking to hire experienced Field Service Engineers to serve as a company representative for field installations, troubleshooting, service calls and preventative maintenance at customer facilities.
Execute assignments as directed by your Regional Service Manager, including:
- Installation and startup of new equipment and upgrades
- Train customer's operators and maintenance personnel
- Troubleshoot technical problems
- Perform scheduled maintenance and calibration services
Develop and maintain great working relationships with customers. Occasionally manage difficult or emotional situations. Respond promptly to requests, and be open to feedback.
Conduct yourself in a safe and professional manner at all times. Treat everyone with respect.
Collect and review case information, inspect equipment and perform tests, effectively establish root cause, and recommend corrective action. Use reason and logic to objectively solve problems.
Collaborate with your Regional Service Manager and Ipsen colleagues as needed to successfully complete each assignment.
Listen carefully. Speak clearly. Prepare professional, well-written visit reports (training available).
Make constructive recommendations regarding improvements to Ipsen processes or equipment.
Manage your time and budget for each assignment. Anticipate deviations and work with your Regional Service Manager to resolve.
Occasional customer courtesy visits required.
Observe customers overall operation and suggest additional Ipsen equipment, upgrades, parts or services as warranted.
Education, Experience and Skills:
High School diploma preferred, a couple years of tech school or college a plus.
Several years of service experience with large capital equipment, preferably heat treating or thermal processing equipment. Must enjoy variety, stay calm in stressful situations, have solid electrical and mechanical skills, and be available to travel regularly.
Strong knowledge of the following equipment subsystems (listed in order of priority):
- Electrical Devices, Circuits and Schematics
- PLCs and Ladder Logic (primarily Allen Bradley)
- Mechanical Components and Systems (large, complex equipment with pumps, motors, seals, valves, solenoids)
- Control Systems (primarily Wonderware)
Basic math skills are necessary - must be comfortable with simple formulas and calculations.
Basic computer skills are necessary - must be comfortable with laptops and tablets, internet and email, common word processing and spreadsheet software.
Availability to travel domestically 80% to 90%. Occasional international opportunities available to our most qualified technicians.
Willingness to work irregular hours or long days as dictated by site circumstances.
Must be able to accommodate the physical demands required by the job.
We are seeking Sheet Metal Workers for full-time, temp-to-hire positions during first shift (6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) at our Souderton, Pennsylvania, facility. Entry-level and experienced positions are available. In this position, you will manufacture small and large sheet metal parts while utilizing punch presses, brake presses, shears and hand tools in a busy metal fabrication department.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required
- Good basic math skills are required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand/walk up to 8 hours per day
- Must be mechanically inclined
Prior experience with sheet metal fabrication equipment (e.g., drills, saws, punches, brakes) is preferred
We are seeking Mechanical Assemblers for full-time, temp-to-hire positions during first shift (6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) at our Souderton, Pennsylvania, facility. In this position, you will assemble large mechanical components while utilizing blueprints and hand and power tools in a fast-paced department.
- Prior experience with small and large mechanical assembly is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required.
- Excellent basic math skills are required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. is required.
- Must be mechanically inclined; prior experience with sheet metal is a plus.
We are seeking an experienced Manual/CNC Machinist for a full-time, temp-to-hire position during first shift (6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.) at our Souderton, Pennsylvania, facility. In this position, you will machine graphite and metal parts in a busy metal fabrication department.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required.
- Must be able to set up and operate manual and CNC mills/lathes.
- Good basic math skills are required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand/walk up to eight hours per day is required.
- Must be mechanically inclined.