Atmosphere Furnace Technology
Atmospheric chamber furnaces built by Ipsen have a modular design and are made of standardized assemblies.
The furnace casing consists of a sturdy sheet steel structure. The light-weight refractory lining inside the furnace is designed for temperatures well above the working temperature and has an extremely long service life.
Throughout all stages of the heat-treatment process, this optimized furnace design ensures:
- Even heat transfer throughout the entire workspace.
- High efficiency heating elements or recuperative gas fired burners for low energy cost.
- Field proven automation and control systems for maximum performance.
Other benefits include:
- Fully engineered systems with flexible control and automation packages.
- Easy replacement of the SIC muffle by a tongue and groove system.
- Double-wall oil bath with a leakage sensor in accordance with industry codes.
- Charge transfer in baskets without special skids or roller rails.
- Long service life of the charging system designed for pushing only.
- Entrance and exit door openings with minimal lost of heat and atmosphere.
Because of their modular design, our furnace systems can be customized as necessary to meet the client's specific needs. The ICTE® software family developed especially for the heat-treatment industry allows charge transfer, loading and unloading to be linked to provide fully automatic systems that can be integrated perfectly into the production flow.
Advanced Ipsen atmosphere furnaces are available in these types for your consideration:
- Batch Atmosphere Type Furnace Systems:
- In-Out Design (RTQ)
- Straight-Thru Design (TQ)
- Two Chamber Furnaces
- Extra Large Batch Systems
- Pusher Furnaces
- Single or Multi-row systems with closed loop design.
- Automated systems with hot oil and / or automated press quenching.
- Special Door design for optimized use of space and energy.
- Oil Quench systems without the need for quench tanks pits.
- Rotary Hearth Furnaces
- Systems with either gas or electric heating.
- Automated loading/ unloading with automation.
- Robotic loading for automated press quenching systems.
- Multi Treater Furnaces
- For automated Gas Nitriding & Ferritic Nitrocarburizing applications using the HydroNit® sensor system.
- Designed for heavy loads and faster purging and cooling rates.
- Single source for furnace equipment and control package.
To discuss your atmosphere furnace requirements, contact Marcos Garcia, Atmosphere Product Specialist.