What recent Ipsen U grads had to say:
"The instructor's knowledge and ability to give in-depth explanations based on the specific processes was very helpful."
"A wealth of knowledge - maintenance, upkeep, troubleshooting and more."
"Outstanding on every level - an eye opening experience!"
About Ipsen U
Ipsen U is a practical course for building and refreshing your knowledge of thermal processing equipment. Ipsen U addresses all levels of experience in a casual open-forum environment that encourages attendees to ask questions about specific equipment and processes. The class follows a modular format that allows participants to interact with several Ipsen experts and have their specific questions answered. Ipsen U allows customers direct access to information that transfers furnace maintenance and upkeep into their own hands.
|Schedule for 2015|
|February||3 - 5||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|April||7 - 9||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
|June||2 - 4||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|August||4 - 6||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|October||6 - 8||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Contact Kristine Stewart at 815.332.2622 to register by phone, or register online for Ipsen U.
To register by mail, download and print the Ipsen U registration form and send to contact on form.
Who should attend Ipsen U?
Ipsen U addresses all levels of expertise including:
- Project Managers
- Plant Managers
What information is covered?
Our professional, experienced instructors cover a wide range of topics:
- Introduction to vacuum furnaces
- Why vacuum?
- How do we make it?
- How do we control it?
- Advantages of vacuum
- Introduction to heat treating
- Thermal dynamics and heat transfer
- Introduction to metallurgy
- Common materials utilized and heat treated
- Vacuum units of measure
- Components of a furnace
- Furnace construction
- Heating elements
- Element supports
- Hot zone power supply
- Furnace sub-systems
- Pumping system
- Water system
- Air system
- Cooling system
- Leak detection
- Linear leak rates
- Conditioning cycles
- Cause and effect of leaks
- SAT and TUS procedures
- And much more!
Ipsen U Course Details
- Cost of course is $950 per student
- Length of course is three days
- Class starts every day at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided each day, along with one group dinner
- Participants receive an Ipsen U certificate and an Ipsen polo shirt
- Reservations are required, as class size is limited
- Attendees are responsible for transportation and hotel costs
- Reservations are due two weeks prior to start date