What recent Ipsen U grads had to say:
"The instructor's knowledge and ability to give in-depth explanations based on the specific processes was very helpful."
"A wealth of knowledge - maintenance, upkeep, troubleshooting and more."
"Outstanding on every level - an eye opening experience!"
About Ipsen U
Ipsen U is a practical course for building and refreshing your knowledge of thermal processing equipment. Ipsen U addresses all levels of experience in a casual open-forum environment that encourages attendees to ask questions about specific equipment and processes. The class follows a modular format that allows participants to interact with several Ipsen experts and have their specific questions answered. Ipsen U allows customers direct access to information that transfers furnace maintenance and upkeep into their own hands.
Contact Kristine Stewart at 815.332.2622 to register by phone, or register online for Ipsen U.
To register by mail, download and print the Ipsen U registration form and send to contact on form.
Who should attend Ipsen U?
Ipsen U addresses all levels of expertise including:
- Project Managers
- Plant Managers
What information is covered?
Our professional, experienced instructors cover a wide range of topics:
- Introduction to vacuum furnaces
- Why vacuum?
- How do we make it?
- How do we control it?
- Advantages of vacuum
- Introduction to heat treating Vacuum units of measureVacuum units of measure
- Thermal dynamics and heat transfer
- Introduction to metallurgy
- Common materials utilized and heat treated
- Vacuum units of measure
- Components of a furnace
- Furnace construction
- Heating elements
- Element supports
- Hot zone power supply
- Furnace sub-systems
- Pumping system
- Water system
- Air system
- Cooling system
- Leak detectionSAT and TUS proceduresSAT and TUS procedures
- Linear leak rates
- Conditioning cycles
- Cause and effect of leaks
- SAT and TUS procedures
- And much more!
Ipsen U Course Details
- Cost of course is $750 per student
- Length of course is three days
- Class starts every day at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided each day, along with one group dinner
- Participants receive an Ipsen U certificate and an Ipsen polo shirt
- Reservations are required, as class size is limited
- Attendees are responsible for transportation and hotel costs
- Reservations are due two weeks prior to start date
|Schedule for 2014|
|February||4 - 6||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Full|
|April||8 - 10||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Full|
|June||3 - 5||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Full|
|August||5 - 7||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|October||14 - 16||8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|